Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Single Serving Quinoa Salad



Hello! Yesterday I made the type of lunch that you want to eat forever and always. I just couldn't put my fork down! The best part was that it was easy to make and it kept well for a couple of hours chilling out in my backpack. Sometimes salad can be finicky in terms of packing for lunch and there's nothing I hate more than soggy lettuce, or having to pack a little container of dressing. Solution: Quinoa salad because it tastes even better when it has the time to soak in the dressing for a bit.

Introducing the easiest quinoa salad (starring ALL the fruits and vegetables)........


This recipe is super easy and I have proof: I made it the first time at 7am, when I have approximately zero mental capacity to do anything. It's also important to note that although I am including a recipe, this is basically a "throw everything in a jar and roll with it" type of deal. 

The other night I simply cooked up some quinoa/bulgar blend (you can totally do just quinoa) and then in the morning I cut up whatever was in the fridge, which at the moment just happened to be a TON of fruits and veggies.  Then I whipped up a little vinaigrette and called it a day!


Ingredients
- 1 cup cooked quinoa/bulgar blend (or just quinoa!)
- Any veggies you would like, I included chopped red onion, cucumber, cilantro, avocado, mango, orange pepper, and tomatoes. 

Dressing
- 1½ Tbsp olive oil (3 parts)
½ Tbsp lemon juice (1 part)
½ Tbsp balsamic vinegar (1 part)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced 

Obviously this only makes 1 serving, but if you're hoping to make it into a large salad for a family or for lunches throughout the week you can use the ratios in brackets beside the ingredients.

Directions
✿ Cook your quinoa/bulgar blend and let cool completely.
✿ Chop up your fruits and vegetables.
✿ Mix in your vinaigrette


Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment