Thursday, December 5, 2013

Finals and Goodies

Hello!

I am in the the middle of finals now and I have already finished 3/5 of my exams! In less than a week I will be back in Ottawa, baking, seeing friends and family, and starting my christmas shopping. I'm beyond excited to get home seeing as I haven't been back since Thanksgiving (Canadian that is). This week has been really stressful and I have managed to get some baking in since I find it calms me. I can't eat everything I make though, or I'd blow up, so I've been giving away goodies here and there. My meals haven't been too exciting and consist mostly of me grabbing something frozen from the freezer. So nothing too exciting other than the fact that PC Blue Menu Lasagna is really delicious especially combined with homemade garlic bread.


I mixed up some butter, herb & garlic cream cheese, rosemary, and garlic (lots of it!), spread it on some french bread, and popped it in the oven at 350℉ for a few minutes. It was wonderful :) Right now, I'm writing a blog post to keep me up because my roommates and I are going to see Catching Fire. We're going to a later viewing and I might be the only student to usually go to bed at 10/9:30 during exam time but I'm getting sleepy!! 

Here is a recipe for Ginger Molasses Cookies. They are nice and soft when you don't bake them too long. I made them for my friend Rachel's birthday and shared them with my Bishop's University Commerce Society team. They were a hit! These puppies are from my old recipe book that my mom and I made this summer with all our old family recipes. They're classics and I always know they'll be delicious. 

Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies

3/4 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
2 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Instructions:

✿ Mix and form 1" balls 
✿ Roll in a small bowl of white sugar (not included in ingredients), and press lightly with a fork
✿ Bake at 350℉ for 8 minutes or until they crack. Don't over bake!!

Enjoy!


My family calls recipes "keepers" if they're worth remaking and this is definitely a keeper. The other day I stumbled upon this cook book called Keepers. SO cute! I really want to take a look at it when I get home and rush to Chapters. I am having slight Chapters withdrawal. There aren't any in Sherbrooke  and it makes me sad :( Anyways, I'll be at one soon enough! Yay!!

xox 

Gaby



No comments:

Post a Comment